Dr. A. Ramesh Sundar M.Sc (Ag), Ph,DSenior Scientist (Plant Pathology)
Areas of Research:
- Molecular basis of red rot resistance in Sugarcane
- Systemic acquired resistance and signal transduction for host defense
- Sugarcane Smut: Host resistance, pathogen variability, Diagnosis and epidemiology
- Life member of Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi, India
- Life member of Indian Society of Mycology & Plant Pathology, Udaipur, India
- Life member of Indian Science Congress, Kolkatta, India
- Editorial board member in Journal of Mycology & Plant Pathology, Udaipur, India
- III Rank holder – of 1991 batch of Agricultural Research Service Exams
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship under The Council of Science and Industrial Research, India, for pursuing Ph.D programme in sugarcane pathology (1996-1999)
- Noel Deerr gold medal for the best paper presentation in the Agricultural Session by the Sugar Technologists association of India (STAI), New Delhi.
- Best Theme presentation award at the Symposium on Biotechnology of plant protection held at the Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Awarded DBT overseas fellowship for undergoing training at CSIRO, Brisbane, Australia.
- Publication – in refereed journals (NAAS Rated Journals) - 25
- Book Chapter - 4
- Conference proceeding papers - 30
- Compilation and edited research documents - 5
- Presently guiding 2 students for PhD (Anna University, Coimbatore)
- Recognized Guide for Biotechnology by Bharathiar and Bharathidasan Universities.
- Guided so far: 16 students for MSc Project work
Senior Scientist (Plant Pathology)
Sugarcane Breeding Institute (ICAR),
Coimbatore -641007; Tamil Nadu, INDIA.